NJ Walters' Top 10 Paranormal Heroes +Giveaway
It’s no secret to anyone who knows me that I love a dark, tormented hero and there is no better place to find one than in a paranormal romance novel. It’s hard to pick a top ten list as there are so many unforgettable paranormal heroes to choose from by so many wonderful writers. But here are my top ten picks.
1. Rhage from J.R. Ward’s Lover Eternal is one of my favorite heroes ever. He’s cursed with a beast that comes out when he’s angry, and he lives in fear of hurting those he cares about when the beast takes control. He a voracious lover and a wicked fighter, but he’s also not afraid to give his heart to one very special woman. (She’s also written a second book featuring Rhage—The Beast.)
2. Vane Kattalakis from Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Night Play is a Were-Hunter wolf. He’s sexy and gorgeous and as tough as they come. He’s also ready to do whatever it takes to protect his family. He’s not looking for a mate, but when fate steps in he only has a matter of weeks to convince Bride she’s the only woman for him, something this full-figured gal has a hard time believing.
3. Kaleb Krychek from Nalini Singh’s Heart of Obsidian is a man who lives by his own rules. He’s a cardinal telekinetic and likely the most powerful man on the planet. The only person in the world he ever cared about was taken from him. Now he’s found her. He’ll destroy the world before he’ll allow anyone to take her from him again.
4. Archangel Raphael from Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunter series. A powerful archangel, Raphael risks weakening himself when he falls in love with Elena, a talented vampire hunter. Once their paths cross neither of them will ever be the same again.
5. Ski Eriksen from Shelly Laurenston’s The Undoing. I love her Call of Crows series. Ski is part of the Protectors Clan. He’s tough, he’s hot, and he’s funny. A girl couldn’t ask for more. (Her Pride series is a also filled with funny, sexy heroes.)
6. Iskander from Carolyn’s Jewels’ My Dangerous Pleasure, part of her My Immortal series. This is one hot demon with a powerful need to protect as well as a sense of humor.
7 & 8. Anyone who has read Sherilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter series waited very impatiently for Acheron, one of the most heartbreaking love stories of all times. I didn’t think she’d ever top it until she wrote Styxx, proving the old adage you really don’t know another person’s story unless you walk in their shoes. Two of the best paranormal heroes of all time. Make sure you have a box of tissues on hand when you read these.
9. Reule is Prime, leader of the Sánge people, in Jacquelyn Frank’s Drink of Me. Frank has created an amazing world with memorable characters. I keep hoping she’ll revisit this world and tell more of their stories.
10. Lev Prakenskii from Christine Feehan’s Water Bound, part of her Sisters of the Heart series, is a very dangerous man with many paranormal gifts. Rikki is a sea urchin diver and is also autistic. She’s functions well in her well controlled world. Having Lev come into her life disrupts it totally. Neither one of them will ever be the same again. A story of love and acceptance. (Love all the Prakenskii brothers.)
Rock Star Lit is pleased to announce our Page-Turning Paranormal contest for Summer of 2016!
Enter below to win ebooks, signed books, gift cards, paranormal DVDs, Tarot Cards or a Psychic Reading! (Contest Ends: 8/31/16)
Featuring these great authors:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
N.J. Walters is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who has always been a voracious reader, and now she spends her days writing novels of her own. Vampires, werewolves, dragons, time-travelers, seductive handymen, and next-door neighbors with smoldering good looks—all vie for her attention. It’s a tough life, but someone’s got to live it.
Visit me at:
Newsletter Group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/awakeningdesires/info
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/N.J.WaltersAuthor