Candice Gilmer's Top 5 Beach Reads + Giveaway
Candice Gilmer shares her top 5 Beach Reads with us!
For the beach, (or in my case, the lake), that’s my time to catch up on all the books I’ve downloaded to my device. I prefer books that are fun and funny. They can get serious as I get wrapped up in the world, but especially if it’s a new-to-me book, I like it to be lighter and a bit more fun.
As far as some of my favorites to read, here’s a standing list of romance novels I love to read (in no particular order) and I’ve read over and over because I love them.
1) Katie MacAllistar’s Improper English. This book makes me laugh every time. The heroine is a little self-obsessed, and horribly accident prone, but I can totally relate to her antics.
2) Any of the Bridgerton Series by Julia Quinn. I can pick one of these up, any of them, truly, and read them because not only do they crack me up, but the characters bring me to tears… Every time!
3) Tasha Black’s 300 Moons series. Well, they’re stand-alone shifter books, but they’re a series. Love them. Shifters, spells, and magic, oh my!
4) JC Andrijeski’s Quentin Black series is also awesome. Mystery. Gritty, A hero to squeal over… Yeah. It’s got it all.
5) Anything by Theresa Romain. I love me some historical romance. I can’t write it to save my life—too many details I can screw up. Fairy tales? That’s a different story, though, but historicals have always been a love of mine. Especially fun historicals.
So there you have it. My beach reads.
It’s not that fancy, and like most books, I found them all by random shopping, but it’s a list of just some of the books I love to read, whenever I get a second to relax. (Though that doesn’t happen as often as I’d like, lol)
Rock Star Lit is pleased to announce our Cool Contemporary Reads contest for Summer of 2016!
Enter below to win ebooks, signed books, gift cards or a beach bag filled with cool items! (Ends 8/31/16)
Featuring these great authors:
a Rafflecopter giveaway