Erin Nicholas' Nutella Bacon Pie
There are only three things standing between the Carmichael triplets and their twelve billion dollar inheritance.
· They have to spend a year in tiny Bliss, Kansas
· They have to run their father’s pie shop together.
· They have to follow his advice for their love lives.
Piece of cake…or, rather, pie, right? Well, not exactly… :)
One thing I’ve learned in the process of writing this series is not to write books that center around your favorite food when you’re trying to lose weight! I love pie. Like, I really love pie. And while cherry is my go to, I had a lot of fun researching specialty pies…and even trying a couple!
So here are the top five funky pies that I found as I was writing Diamonds and Dirt Roads!
1. Nutella and Bacon pie (included below! Taste tested and approved in our kitchen!)
2. S’mores Pie
3. Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie
4. Rootbeer Float Pie
5. Corndog Pie
Diamonds and Dirt Roads - Billionaires in Blue Jeans, #1
A new, full length, sexy contemporary romance novel from NYT bestseller, Erin Nicholas.
A pretend relationship…within a pretend relationship.
Attorney Evan Stone knows every crazy stipulation in billionaire Rudy Carmichael’s will. After all, he wrote it. And he’s determined to make sure each one is fully met by Rudy’s triplet daughters. Even if that means dating the workaholic CEO, Ava. Or pretending to at least. And even if it means resisting the so-right-for-him-she’s-totally-wrong party girl, Cori.
Cori’s only got three things on her to do list from her dad:
• Move to Bliss, Kansas.
• Run his pie shop with her sisters for a year.
• No dating. For six months.
But stepping in for her sister when it’s clear that Ava and Evan aren’t fooling anyone with their “romance” isn’t really dating. And falling for her sister’s pretend boyfriend while pretending to be her sister…well, that’s ridiculous. No matter how real things feel whenever she and Evan are together.
Nutella Bacon Pie
· 1 ½ cups crushed Nutter Butter cookies (about 14 cookies)
· 4 Tbsp melted butter
· 6 pieces of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
· 4 oz cream cheese
· ½ cup Nutella
· ¼ cup peanut butter
· ½ cup powdered sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray a pie pan with nonstick cooking spray
3. Crush cookies very fine with a food processor or put them in a plastic bag and crush with rolling pin.
4. Mix cookie crumbs into melted butter.
5. Press cookie crumbs firmly onto bottom and up sides of pie pan.
6. Freeze crust for 15 minutes.
7. Mix cream cheese, Nutella, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl with a hand mixer until well blended and smooth.
8. Remove crust from freezer and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before filling.
9. Mix half the bacon into the filling. Pour into crust.
10. Top with the rest of the bacon.
11. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
Erin Nicholas is the author of sexy contemporary romances. Her stories have been described as toe-curling, enchanting, steamy and fun. She loves to write about reluctant heroes, flawed heroines, and happily ever afters. She does not like to write dark moments, synopses or bios. You can find Erin on the web at www.ErinNicholas.com and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ErinNicholasBooks.