I have fond memories of reading the World Almanac when I was a kid. As I've grown up I haven't really looked at one in awhile. When I saw this was available I grabbed it thinking this would be a fun activity for me and my kids. I'm happy to say that it was just as entertaining and informative as I'd remembered.
I imagine most people are familiar with the World Almanac but if you're not, it includes an endless amount of trivia and facts. There's everything you can think of in it. There is information about people, geography, history, sports, pop trivia, politics and much more.
My kids are 9 and 11 and we spent a little time many evenings reading through it. They would pick things they were interested in and we would read through that section. The book itself is huge and they loved looking through all that chapters trying to figure out what to read about next.
We have had this about a month and a half and we are no where near being done with it. This was a fun and informative book and would work well for either an individual or a family activity. It's the perfect resource for those of us who loving learning new facts.
Get thousands of facts right at your fingertips with this essential resource.
The World Almanac® and Book of Facts is America's top-selling reference book of all time, with more than 82 million copies sold. Since 1868, this compendium of information has been the authoritative source for all your entertainment, reference, and learning needs. The 2017 edition of The World Almanac® reviews the events of 2016 and will be your go-to source for questions on any topic in the upcoming year. Praised as a "treasure trove of political, economic, scientific and educational statistics and information" by The Wall Street Journal, The World Almanac® and Book of Facts will answer all of your trivia needs—from history and sports to geography, pop culture, and much more.
• 2016—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac® list the top stories that held the world's attention in 2016.
• 2016—Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring complete coverage of the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, the 2016 World Series, and much more.
• 2016—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2016, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports.
• 2016—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac® editors found some of the strangest news stories of the year.
• World Almanac ® Editors' Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac® lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2016, from news and sports to pop culture.
• 2016 Election Results: The World Almanac® provides a comprehensive look at the entire 2016 election process, from the roller coaster of the early primaries to state and county presidential voting results and coverage of House, Senate, and gubernatorial races.
• The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac® provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
• World Almanac ® Editors’ Picks: The Best Teams That Never Won It All: In light of Golden State's unprecedented regular season success and eventual downfall in the NBA Finals, The World Almanac® takes a look back into sports history for the best teams that fell just short of championship glory.
• Statistical Spotlight: A brand-new feature highlights statistics relevant to the biggest stories of the year. These data provide context to give readers a fresh perspective on important issues.
• Other New Highlights: Newly available statistics on sexuality, student loans, overdose deaths, state minimum wages, and much more.