Marie Harte's Perfect Writing Spot, Author of Smooth Moves + #BookGiveaway
I often find this conversation interesting, discussing with fellow writers where they like to write. Often, productivity stems from high concepts or the burning need to create. But sometimes it’s also sitting in that perfect chair, at the desk that’s just the right height, with complete silence all around that calls to the muse.
For me, the five things I need to make mine the perfect writing spot are:
1. Quiet. I’m not a fan of noise when writing. I don’t like listening to music or hearing people chatter around me. When I write, I’m focused on my story, and words in a song can interfere with my own word choice.
2. Isolation. I don’t like being surrounded by people on the best of days. *chuckle* I can handle crowds and parties, but I don’t like them mixing with work. My hat’s off to those who can sit down in a crowded coffee shop, tune everyone out, and write. But not me. I hate people reading over my shoulder, and I definitely don’t want even the possibility of anyone seeing what I’ve written until I’ve had time to go through and edit.
3. The perfect chair. This one seems like a no-brainer, but I sit for long periods of time while writing. Even getting up at certain intervals doesn’t negate the fact that my tush will be right back in that seat once I’ve had a minibreak. So for me, it has to be the right seat. Springy, mobile, with raised arms and a solid back.
4. My handy notebook. Okay, I’ll admit it. I’m old school. While I do my writing on my computer with a cordless keyboard (or laptop if on the go), I make most of my notes in the spiral notebook that lies right in front of me as I work. I keep track of my timeline, additional characters details, and plot twists using pencil and paper. Not having my notebook while I’m writing just ruins everything.
5. Last but not least—coffee. And with that, my coffee cup warmer. I like to drink coffee. I’m likely addicted to caffeine, and I don’t care. The delicate scent of coffee beans in addition to the hot liquid and satisfying taste of LIFE makes my writing pop. And cold coffee doesn’t do it, hence the need for a coffee warmer. Keeping it hot while I write. Yep. That’s my motto right there. *grin*
Thanks for having me at Night Owl Reviews!
Smooth Moves - Veteran Movers, #2
He may be all brawn
But when it really counts... His heart is all gold
Former Marine Cash Griffith is a brawny beacon for trouble, always finishing a fight that someone else starts. Working at his family's moving company, he does his best to keep a low profile, but he can't help but tangle with the newest employee, Jordan Fleming.
When Jordan joins Vets on the Go! she has her hands full with her new job and her rebellious teenage brother, not to mention going toe to toe with the obnoxious, arrogant, incredibly hot Marine at work. Soon their battles turn to camaraderie, and one kiss leads to a connection neither of them expected. But when dark secrets come to light, will their bond break...or strengthen into a happily-ever-after they desperately desire?
"This is truly a must-read!" - Night Owl Reviews Top Pick for Roadside Assistance
a Rafflecopter giveaway
About Marie Harte
Caffeine addict, boy referee, and romance aficionado, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Marie Harte has over 100 books published with more constantly on the way. She’s a confessed bibliophile and devotee of action movies. Whether hiking in Central Oregon, biking around town, or hanging at the local tea shop, she’s constantly plotting to give everyone a happily ever after. Visit http://marieharte.com and fall in love.