PDF to Kindle Format - How To Guide: Convert Giving You More Options!
I oftentimes find reading PDF’s on a Kindle / Kindle App hard. The text sometimes is too small and PDF’s are a format that you can’t change the text size or font on. Plus you can’t swap the text and background colors.
So what do you do when you want to read a book you have gotten in PDF on your Kindle? Well there is a solution. You can convert the PDF to Kindle Format simply and quickly via sending the file to your Kindle via email and putting CONVERT in the heading. Overall it’s pretty fast and simple once you have your Amazon account set-up.
REASONS TO CONVERT
1. You want to change the text size when reading a book.
2. You want to change the background color...say to dark with white text for reading during the evening.
3. You want to change the font
ONE TIME SET UP
To convert your file you will need to set-up your Amazon account to allow for this. You will only need to do this once.
1. Add your personal email address to your Approved Personal Document E-mail List
You will find that section under the "settings" tab.
Once you have added your email address you have opened the door to send files to your Kindle from your email account. Before the door was locked as a protection from just anyone sending files to your Kindle.
You will send the PDF to Your Kindle. Along the way Amazon will convert your file and put it on your device in Kindle Format.
Only send 1 file for conversion at a time per email.
1. Create an email from the email account you added to your Kindle Approved Documents List
2. In the “To” field put down your @Kindle.com email address. Each of your Kindle devices and Kindle apps has a unique @Kindle address…so choose which email address based on the device you want to send the file to.
3. In the “Heading” area type the word: Convert
4. Attach the PDF to the email and click send.
Give the file a bit of time to be converted from PDF to Amazon format. The file will show-up on your Kindle or Kindle App.
The PDF text gets converted to plain text. It’s not always perfect, but the benefit of being able to manipulate the text on your Kindle is a real benefit. Small text can now be up-sized!
Tammie King is one of the owners of Night Owl Reviews. She enjoys reading, travel and video games. You can find her most Monday evenings moderating the Night Owl Reviews chat room.