Julie Ann Walker, My Favorite Movie Quotes #BookGiveaway
(In No Particular Order)
Hi, all you Night Owls! Julie Ann Walker here, tickled pink to be back on Night Owl Reviews promoting my latest release (BUILT TO LAST, the final tale in my Black Knights Inc. series) and talking about my favorite movie quotes of all time. Why? Well, because if you've read any of my books, you know a lot of my characters are schooled in pop culture references. They tend to spout song lyrics, social media memes, and... you guessed it... MOVIE QUOTES!
So without further ado...
1) "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." Two things to say about this quote. One, it applies to most things in daily life. And two, every time I recite it, I think of Humphrey Bogart playing Rhett Butler and talk about swoon!
2) "What we've got here is a failure to communicate." I don't know about the rest of you, but my husband and I never seem to be on the same planet, much less the same page. Men really are from Mars and women really are from Venus. Ha! So I get to use this phrase A LOT. Plus, Paul Newman... MEOW!
3) "I'll have what she's having." Again, this is one of those quotes that can be used for just about any occasion. Did your neighbor get a hot new pool man? "I'll have what she's having." Did your husband make himself a bowl of chocolate ice cream? "I'll have what he's having." And, honestly, if for no other reason, you should use this quote because When Harry Met Sally is one of the greatest rom-coms of all time.
4) "We'll always have Paris." This is the quote in BUILT TO LAST that both the hero and heroine reference. So of course it's one of my favorites. Plus, once again, Humphrey Bogart!
5) "You had me at 'hello'." Once of the sweetest bits of dialogue in... well... forever. It's enough to make this romance writer's heart go pitter-pat.
How about you? What's your favorite movie quote?
Built to Last - Black Knights Inc., #12
In the epic conclusion to the BKI series, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julie Ann Walker delivers her biggest bombshell yet!
Welcome to Black Knights Inc.
What appears to be a tricked-out motorcycle shop on the North Side of Chicago is actually headquarters for the world's most elite covert operatives. Deadly, dangerous, and determined, they'll steal your breath and your heart.
After a mission-gone-sideways forces Jamin "Angel" Agassi to change his identity, he's determined to bring down the world's worst crime syndicate kingpin once and for all. That's going to be the easy part. Keeping Interpol agent Sonya Butler from discovering who he really is—and blazing another trail into his heart—is the challenge.
This giveaway is now over. The winner is displayed in the comments.