Sonja Rouillard is a successful writer of fiction and non-fiction. Recently, she launched an erotic romance career under the name Kate Allure with two books from Sourcebooks.
Besides being a huge fan of historical romance, Sonja’s other great love is travel and seeking unusual, off-the-beaten-path experiences. China, Monte Carlo, Bora Bora, Mexico, and Poland are among the many foreign countries she’s visited. Her extensive U.S. travel covers the gamut from exotic Hawaii, to historic Washington, D.C., and the indigenous cultures of six remote Native American reservations. Sonja lives in California with her husband of 26 years, 3 children, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and a Flemish Giant rabbit.
At last! A London guide written just for historical romance fans. Or for travelers that want to experience old London.
Have you ever wanted to walk in the footsteps of your favorite romance heroine? See grand historic settings from best-loved novels?
Or just learn the fascinating backstories of these intriguing places from Almack's to White's to Bedlam and more from the comfort of your own home.
Now you can!
Author Sonja Rouillard has combined her love of travel and romance fiction to create an entertaining book that's perfect for a cozy fireside read at home or for planning that grand London excursion.
For the London Adventurer . . .
* everything you need to explore the old London that still exists hiding within the modern city
* sleep like a princess in a 900-year-old castle or on an antique four-poster bed in the heart of London
* enjoy a delicious authentic Afternoon Tea
* with prices ranging from Governess on Holiday to King s Ransom, there s something for everyone
* featuring easy to read maps of Mayfair and St. James's neighborhoods
* and ~for the guys activities that will especially interest your man too!
* plus insider tips to get the most from your travel budget
For the Armchair Traveler . . .
* everything you want to know about the places from your treasured historical romance novels
* discover which buildings still exist and what they are now
* read love stories from real-life heroes and heroines that frequented these old places
* with Then & Now pictures of what the buildings looked like in the past compared to now
* and featuring romance excerpts from Jane Austen to Georgette Heyer to today s best-selling authors
So, take a walk in the footsteps of your favorite heroine ~ whether on a grand, once-in-a-lifetime adventure to London or from the comfort of your own home with a warm cup of tea at your side.
NEW Kindle version works with Kindle readers and iPads/iPhones and has these additional features: clickable website links, color photos (color-capable readers), and downloadable maps.