I've been a writer since age 6 when I pinned the wildly successful (in my own mind) THE DAY SNOOPY GOT MARRIED. After that I was off to the races!
I've written over 10 screenplays; some of which have been optioned. Hoping one will make it to the big screen some day. Also have written and directed a few short films, founded a film festival and charity.
After reading short stories from Derek Haas' (bad-ass, big time screenwriter) website, aptly called Popcorn Fiction, where he features short stories from writers, I decided to give it a go.
I came up the idea of The Unfinished from being a sci-fi fan, but also a die-hard TCM movie fan; (watch more b&w films from the 30's and 40's than current films). Love the idea of taking a character out of one world and implanting them in another... known as "fish out of water" stories.
From the author of HACKING KICKSTARTER & INDIEGOGO: SECRETS TO RUNNING A SUCCESSFUL CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN ON A BUDGET comes a companion book, KICKASS KICKSTARTER GODS: Experts Reveal Their Pathways to Millions Through Crowdfunding
Kickass Kickstarter Gods interviewed creators of mega-successful crowdfunding campaigns that made six and seven figures, and asked them:
1. Why was your campaign successful?
2. If your first campaign was a flop, how did you turn it around the second time?
3. What was your strategy?
4. How did you decide which platform to use (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, GoFundMe, etc.)?
5. Any unexpected hurdles or hardships?
... and more
- BASED ON A TRUE STORY -
During the Great Depression, high profile kidnappings became more and more commonplace. On December 17, 1931, self-made millionaire fashion designer Nell Donnelly becomes the next casualty.
Senator Reed, a family friend, steps in to lead the investigation. Impatient with ineffective police efforts, he is willing to go to extraordinary measures. How extraordinary? How about enlisting the help of two of Kansas City’s most notorious crime bosses. This deal with two devils may very well be Reed’s downfall. But more importantly, will the involvement of hardened gangsters lead to Nell Donnelly’s freedom or her demise?
How to Raise Big Bucks in 30 Days
Secrets to Running a Successful Crowd Funding Campaign on a Budget
WARNING: DO NOT LAUNCH YOUR CROWD-FUNDING PROJECT BEFORE READING THIS BOOK.
FACT: Over 65% of crowd funding projects fail. Why? Top 5 Reason's For Failure:
1) Campaign Missing Key Elements
2) Launched Before Gathering Their Tribe
3) Expected That if They Build It, They Will Come
4) Poor Advertising/Social Media Strategy
5) Lack of Partners
Hacking Kickstarter, Indiegogo (or any other crowd-funding site) How to Raise Big Bucks in 30 Days
walks you step by step into the process of creating, launching and wrapping your project.
- How Curated Communities can give you added exposure
- How to get featured in Kickstarter and Indiegogo's newsletters (solid gold)
- How to grab funders attention the moment they land on your page
- How to generate traffic to your project
- How to easily find and target bloggers and journalist who want to publicize your project
- How to Relaunch a Failed Campaign
- Websites to Post Your Projects to For Added Exposure
- and much more!
Tried and true tactics, tips and secrets that work.
In a future where the Unfinished (murdered) are brought back to life for only 72 hours to testify against their killers before being "put down" for eternity... an Unfinished is resurrected to what he believes is his one chance to point the finger at his accused killer.
He remembers the final details of his life; his boring job as a mattress salesman, the Dame he had high hopes for and the Mug who took his life.
Once brought back from the dead and taken to court, this Unfinished could never have imagined what was awaiting him.
Set in a world that is our future, giving homage to 1940's detective noir stories, "The Unfinished" serves up a twist ending that will leave you wanting to follow his story to the end.
Suspense > Mystery > Hardboiled