A former journalist, folksinger and attorney, Jeffery Deaver is an international number-one bestselling author. His novels have appeared on bestseller lists around the world.
Edited by #1 New York Times bestselling author David Baldacci and including stories by Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, and more, this one-of-a-kind anthology pulls together the most beloved characters from the best and most popular thriller series today. Worlds collide!
In an unprecedented collaboration, twenty-three of the world’s bestselling and critically acclaimed thriller writers have paired their series characters—such as Harry Bosch, Jack Reacher, and Lincoln Rhyme—in an eleven-story anthology curated by the International Thriller Writers (ITW). All of the contributors to FaceOff are ITW members and the stories feature these dynamic duos:
· Patrick Kenzie vs. Harry Bosch in “Red Eye,” by Dennis Lehane and Michael Connelly
· John Rebus vs. Roy Grace in “In the Nick of Time,” by Ian Rankin and Peter James
· Slappy the Ventriloquist Dummy vs. Aloysius Pendergast in “Gaslighted,” by R.L. Stine, Douglas Preston, and Lincoln Child
· Malachai Samuels vs. D.D. Warren in “The Laughing Buddha,” by M.J. Rose and Lisa Gardner
· Paul Madriani vs. Alexandra Cooper in “Surfing the Panther,” by Steve Martini and Linda Fairstein
· Lincoln Rhyme vs. Lucas Davenport in “Rhymes With Prey,” by Jeffery Deaver and John Sandford
· Michael Quinn vs. Repairman Jack in “Infernal Night,” by Heather Graham and F. Paul Wilson
· Sean Reilly vs. Glen Garber in “Pit Stop,” by Raymond Khoury and Linwood Barclay
· Wyatt Hunt vs. Joe Trona in “Silent Hunt,” by John Lescroart and T. Jefferson Parker
· Cotton Malone vs. Gray Pierce in “The Devil’s Bones,” by Steve Berry and James Rollins
· Jack Reacher vs. Nick Heller in “Good and Valuable Consideration,” by Lee Child and Joseph Finder
So sit back and prepare for a rollicking ride as your favorite characters go head-to-head with some worthy opponents in FaceOff—it’s a thrill-a-minute read.
When a ruthless curator at San Francisco’s McFall Art Museum is murdered, his wife is the primary suspect. She is tried, convicted, and executed. Ten years later, Jon Nunn, the detective who cracked the case, is convinced that the wrong person was put to death. With the help of the dead woman’s friend, he plans to finally uncover the truth. Solving this case may be Nunn’s last chance for redemption . . . but the shadowy forces behind this murder will stop at nothing to silence the past forever.
ONE GRIPPING STORY WRITTEN BY TWENTY-SIX TOP AUTHORS
Jeff Abbott • Lori Armstrong • Sandra Brown • Thomas Cook • Jeffery Deaver Diana Gabaldon • Tess Gerritsen • Andrew F. Gulli • Peter James • J.A. Jance Faye Kellerman • Raymond Khoury • John Lescroart • Jeff Lindsay • Gayle Lynds Phillip Margolin • Alexander McCall Smith • Michael Palmer • T. Jefferson Parker Matthew Pearl • Kathy Reichs • Marcus Sakey • Jonathan Santlofer Lisa Scottoline • R. L. Stine • Marcia Talley
Each of these bestselling writers brings his or her distinctive voice to the narrative, building the tension to a shocking, explosive finale. No Rest for the Dead is a thrilling, page-turning accomplishment that only today’s very best authors could achieve.